Sunday, January 8, 2012

An Invitation

To those who may not be concerned,

You should be.

I've decided that it's time to share the unsettled rattlings I've stumbled across that may have been rolling around under your very own feet.  Take comfort, dear heart, you are in good hands. 

You see, many years ago I became extremely fascinated with the macabre and the creatures involved. From a very young age, I aspired to reach the heights of "Scream Queen". It seemed only fitting that I should fill the footsteps of Laurie Strode, Nancy Thompson, and any other “bitch” who went up the stairs rather than out of the front door. Looking back, I believe that perhaps that is the very reason they spoke to me so. No matter what butcher knife, chainsaw, molestation, or insane Klown they stumbled upon, they overcame the deprecating shouting hoards in darkened theatres in order to destroy, and ultimately, overcome their fears. As I get older and venture out into the real, and sometimes very simple horrors we face, it enrages me that simpletons who rot in chairs get to criticize the hardships of true survivalists. I invite you instead to share in the horror along with me through reviews of film past and present, a glance at the horrifying nature of what is considered “in”, and perhaps more importantly, by joining me in some of my personal reflections on a regular basis as I look into the empty abyss that has been left in humanity's wake.

So where do you fall? Do you stand among those who will go to interminable lengths to exist or at least to see the struggle? Or are you goading a fated stranger from the comfort of your own home?

The point I'm trying to make my dears; is not to get too comfortable. After all, the lap of luxury is skinned from dead things.

Or this multi-anused industrial felt design by Joshua Ben Longo. Your pick.
 Honestly, whatever would you do among this madness without me?

Ciao,
AP

No comments:

Post a Comment